Introduction to leading - Trad
Two Day / per person
Leading your first route is probably the most nerve racking, exciting and potentially dangerous experience of your climbing career. This course is aimed at teaching you how to make this step safely, and teach you skills which will help develop your leading for the future. We will cover how to place gear, set up anchors, abseiling, communication, preparation, simple problem solving as well as climbing lots of great routes.
- Experience required in the following activites
ability to put on a harness
ability to tie into the end of a rope
ability to belay
a competent second climber
- 1:2 Instructor to participant ratio
- 2 person minimum group size
- Minium age 18
- Under 18's must be accompanied by guardian
- 2 day course duration (9.30 -16.30)
- Based close Swanage
- Meeting point will be either ;
Durlston Country Park, Swanage.
Dancing Ledge car park, Langton Matravers.
Dates - 2019
Please get in touch to arrange other dates for this course. We normally require a minimum of 2 people to run this course.
Kit List (to bring)
- Climbing helmet - (contact if in need to borrow)
- Climbing harness - (contact if in need to borrow)
- Climbing shoes
- Clothing appropriate for the weather
- Any climbing equipment owned - (eg lead rack)
Kit List (included)
- All Climbing gear
- Climbing ropes
- Climbing guidebook